Serves 6, 173 Kcal per serving
Prep 15 mins & cooking time 30 mins
100g chocolate (85% cocoa solids)
4 heaped tsp caster sugar (20g)
200ml crème fraiche
2 egg whites
1. Place a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Break the chocolate into squares
and add to the bowl, making sure the bowl is not actually touching the water. Add the sugar
and gently stir until the chocolate has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
2. Next, add half of the crème fraiche to the bowl, mixing thoroughly, then remove from the
saucepan. Stir in the rest of the crème fraiche.
3. Add the egg whites to another bowl, and whisk until they’re stiff and fluffy. Then, fold them
carefully into the chocolate.
4. Spoon the mixture into 6 small glasses or espresso cups and refrigerate for at least 30
5. Just before serving, garnish each mousse with a raspberry, and serve the rest of the
raspberries alongside. You could also add extra fruit when serving, such as blueberries,
orange segments and sliced fresh figs, along with a few sprigs of fresh mint.